Friday, March 1, 2013

Mother Teresa

Rosary (1)
Mother Teresa: Anything but a saint...

I want to share this article with people. I share it not to trash Mother Teresa, but because I have heard several times now from people who have either lived or visited Calcutta who warned me away from the beatific myth of the saint.

This is not an article written by "people who visited" but by researchers. I doubt they have much to gain by writing what they have. They systematically point out problems and errors with Mother Teresa's propaganda and media campaigns.

I also share the article because of the final paragraph, which basically says the woman is dead and if a myth of her being a saint makes other people more comfortable with helping others, then maybe it was worth it. I very much love that they are doing their best not to take away from the positive things that were and ARE done in Mother Teresa's name.

Check back often for book reviews, prayers, ceremonies and more. If you have questions or comments, please write to me below. I love to answer questions! You can follow the blog via Network Blogs and Google Friend Connect. If you purchase items I have linked through Amazon or the ads on my site, I receive an affiliate portion of the sale. If you find the items are useful, please purchase from my site!
 
You may also be interested in:

Squee!
Reflections
The Silence
Women in Shawls
Boycotting

1) Image by clarita / morgueFile